Tuesday, March 16, 2010

chapter 1 Jerk

1 year later
Jennys POV

As the taxi drove towards the school building, my heart thumped and I slowly became uneasy. The entrance introduced the prestigious school as Zenpa Music High School. The excitement I felt could never top the feelings that I had now. The idea that students are only accepted into this school through pure talent, made this school so special. Not even the wisest yet wealthiest people were accepted into this high school. How could someone so misfortunate and simple get into such a school?
The extravagant structures of the building caught me off balance. I obviously didn't fit in with everyone else who attended this school, but the only thing that mattered to me most was that I get everything out of attending this school. I wanted to get all the formal education of music, I never received as a middle schooler. The dreams I've been dreaming since I was a child were a fingertip away from becoming true. This made my determination of becoming a singer increase. The only thing I wanted to do, was to make others feel happy with my music.
Suddenly, I felt something tugging at my sneakers and when I looked down, I realized that a piece of gum was glued to the bottom of my shoes. Trying to get rid of the gum, I pulled as the sticky substance snapped. My whole body came crashing down as I screeched, "OW!"
As my eyes fluttered open, I witnessed a guy trip over my legs and fall flat on his face. The facial expression he gave, made me burst out in laughter. As soon as he faced me, his eyebrows drew close together and his face turned a bright red. It was almost way too frightening to even look at him. The death glare he gave me, made me hiccup like a maniac.
I stared back into his eyes. Something in his eyes sparkled and he looked so different and unique. Something about him caught my interest, but I don't know. His long black bangs covered his perfect forehead as his beautiful hazel eyes looked into my eyes. He looked like one of those famous guy celebrities that girls drool over.
As my hiccupping continued, I realized my PDA was on the ground. Luckily, this school provided everyone the same PDA, which meant that I wouldn't have to purchase a cell phone. A sigh escaped my mouth as I reached for my PDA, this was a bad start. To my surprise, the PDA had no scratches on it what so ever. It was clean as new, almost too clean to be mine.
When I tried to turn my attention back to the guy, I realized that he wasn't there anymore. I thought, what an impudent jerk, not even apologizing or even trying to help me pick up my things! Just the thought of him made me cringe. I can't believe I thought he was cute! I absolutely disliked people that don't apologize or people that are very impolite and self centered. I never want to see him again!

James' POV

Today was by far the worst day of my life. Tripping over a short haired girl that looked so out of style, she looked too poor to even afford a cell phone and on top of that, my PDA looked like garbage. There were scratches everywhere and even fingerprints all over the screen, I'll replace it later.
As I entered my next class, everyone surrounded me, which consisted mostly of girls that I never even met. I shoved through the crowd of girls till I reached my desk. While sitting in my seat, I searched for my song notebook. This contained all the songs that I wrote since childhood. I never showed it to anyone except my band members.
"Looking for this?" I turned around to catch a glimpse of someone I hadn't met for 3 whole months, during vacation. "Hey Nathan, haven't seen you in ages!"
Nathan was in the same band as me and he was also one of my friends from elementary school. We were inseparable since the day we met. The first day of middle school and all the kids were picking on me for wearing glasses and having braces. No on stood up for me except a kid named, Nathan. It was quite amusing, seeing two nerdy kids standing up for each other.
As we grew up, we lost both our braces and glasses and became the most popular kids in school, but of course, there was our band, Dream. We formed this band as freshmans when we met Kevin and Josh.
With Kevin and Josh behind Nathan, they all walked towards me. All the girls gasped as we all reunited after break.

Jenny's POV

I cried out in frustration, as I passed through the many buildings. Everything seemed enormous and the numbers in my head were confusing. Nothing matched the numbers on my paper. Building #36 Room 568.
My class was about to begin and I still couldn't find my room. I broke out into tears as I wallowed in sadness from hearing the bell. Just as I was about to wipe my tears, I saw a pair of legs in front of me. I looked up and realized that a very handsome guy was standing before me. His smile was almost too perfect to be even human. His perfect blonde hair slightly covered his eyes as his blue eyes sparkled. His flawless lips curved into a smile as he asked, "Can I help you with something? What's wrong?!" I sniffed and wiped my tears, "I can't find my room." He chuckled, "There's no need to cry over that."
He let out a hand and helped me up off the ground.
"Nice to meet you, I'm micheal."
I grinned, "I'm Jenny! Nice to meet you!"
I sounded like a dork and a total freak when I talked to him. His almost too perfect figure made me feel like a misfortunate, fat ugly chick talking to a hottie.
"So what dorm number are you in?"
I blushed, "Room 568, building #36."
Before heading towards the building, he grabbed my bags.
"Uh... you don't have to.."
He interrupted, "It's alright. Just allow me to help. I don't want a pretty lady like yourself to get injured holding such heavy bags."
I thought my head was going to explode from thinking too much about what he said.
As we arrived to the correct room and building, he helped me put my luggage back into the room.
I whispered, "Thanks."
He gave me the million dollar smile, "No problem."
He walked away as I entered my room. I witnessed a girl giving me an intense stare.
"Uh... are you alright?" She ran up to me and hugged me and began screaming like a maniac. What have I gotten myself into now?

James' POV

The screen of my PDA had smudges all over and something was wrong with my calendar. All the information was wrong and everything was empty. However, my PDA was working perfectly fine. I constantly wiped the screen and I kept getting frustrated with the scratches that were permanently displayed on the screen.
A sigh escaped my mouth as I stared at the screen. Before I could shove it in my bag, a weird ringtone came from my PDA. I looked closely at the screen and it said 'Mom'. I quickly answered the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hello? Is Jenny there?"
"Um... I'm sorry. I think you've got the wrong number."
"I'm sure this is her number... okay well,. sorry."
She hung up and I stared at the screen shocked and confused. Did I switch PDA's with that girl?
The PDA rang once more and that embarrassing ringtone played. "ANSWER THE PHONE! OR ELSE I'LL CUT OFF YOUR FINGERS!" That was the ringtone.
I answered the PDA once more.
"Hello?"
"This is Jenny's number! Who the hell are you and what have you done with my daughter!!!!"
I felt my ears ring as she screamed into the phone. This woman was annoying me to death, so I hung up on her and turned the phone off. Now I know, it's her. I need to get my phone back from that stupid country girl!

Jenny's POV

"What?!"
"I'm Katie! Don't you remember?"
"Uh... doesn't ring a bell."
She sighed, "Jenny, it's Cakie. You'd always pronounce my name wrong and you'd always protect me from being bullied."
Just as she said that I remember who she was. In elementary school, I met a girl named Katie. The color red was significant in her closet, everything she wore was red. Strawberry and cherry dresses were consistently in her closet. The nostalgic tone of her voice sent a cacophony through my mind.
"OMG! you had like the squeakiest voice in elementary! I remember you!"
She seemed over excessively content, as she squeeled in excitement.
"JENNY! it's been like forever since I've seen you!"
"I know, but why are you here?"
She looked confused, "What?... What do you mean?"
"Uh... let me rephrase that.. what are you doing in this school, in other words, Why did you want to attend this particular school?"
A grin displayed on her face as she clasped her hands together.
"Well... I wanted to become a singer after I met you. I remembered when you told me you wanted to become a singer and it inspired me."
I blushed, "really?" The thought of being an inspiration made me feel embarrassed and happy.
"what about you?"
I put my hands together and excitedly blurted out, "I love singing! I've always wanted to become a singer and show the world my views through song. When I was very little, my dad taught me guitar and that's when I began creating songs. I couldn't stop and it felt so great to actually have someone listen to the song I created. The look on their faces, I can never forget. It's just so amazing and at the same time so hard for my dreams to come true, but I'm determined to fulfill this life long dream!"
As the end of my speech, I was breathless. Katie's eyes got wide when I finished.
"OH MY GOD! That is why I wanted to become a singer. You just inspired me all over again."
A smile escaped from my lips.
"really? Well that's me."
As our conversation came to an end. The bell rang and my heart sunk.
"Katie,... I'm late! I can't believe I skipped my first class!"
Her expression changed into a frown.
"OH MY GOD! me too!"
"What are we going to do?"
she giggled and put her hands on my shoulders.
"We're going to ditch."
I gasped in shock, "Are you serious?"
She nodded, "YUP!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at a shopping mall and Katie was dumping clothing on me to wear. I had been constantly reminding her that I was extremely poor, but she kept denying this fact.
"Jenny, you have to wear this!"
She revealed a black and white blouse and a pair of skinny jeans. I sighed and looked down at my obsolete pair of clothing. I was wearing a long dress with flowers and my socks came up to my knees.
"Oh alright!"
In the end, she bought all the clothes for me and I felt so sorry, I had to apologize and thank her at lease a billion times before she actually bought me the clothes. When I examined myself in my new clothes, I looked actually updated and fashionable. I liked it. I was wearing the black and white blouse with skinny jeans that Katie gave me.
After hours of shopping, Katie took me to a shoe shop and bought me converse and vans. When I first wore them, they were really tight and uncomfortable and I hated them, but as I kept them on for a while, it felt better and I got used to it. I agreed on getting them, but the heels were too painful.
While I was walking in heels, I fell flat on my face, and of course Katie ended up laughing at me. She demanded me to wear them and we ended up buying them. I wasn't really into shopping, but if I wanted to become a famous singer, I had to be good with fashion.
After all the shopping, the clock ticked and time had already passed significantly. I stared down at my brand new watch and it revealed that it was already 5 pm and school had been already finished since 2 hours ago. Katie pulled my arm to a different direction from our dorms and I was frightened of more shopping.
"Where are we going?"
She didn't reply as she pulled me into a doorway with blinking lights.
She grinned, "You'll see."
I walked into the building and realized that this was a club, when I witnessed all the people dancing and drinking.
"I can't be at a club! I'm only 16!"
She yelled into the music, "No, this is a club especially made from Zenpa Music High School! Everyone performing on this stage is from our school and the drinks aren't alcohol, they're punch and soda."
In realization, my shock formed into excitement.
"That's so cool! I definitely love this school!"
We danced and danced till we were breathless. I noticed that my dance moves were out of style, so Katie tired to update me, but it didn't work. As I reached for a Pepsi, the stage lights turned off and I heard a guitar. The lights turned back on. My eyes reverted from the drink to the stage.
It was the guy that tripped over me this morning. My heart sank as his voice echoed into the microphone. In seconds, all the members joined in with their drums and bass guitars. I fell in love with the song and I couldn't stop humming to the melody.
I kept trying to deny that I wasn't in love with this song, and that I wasn't falling for the main vocalist.
I asked, "Who is that?"
Her facial expression turned to shock.
"You don't know DREAM?"
I shook my head, "NO!"
"OH MY GOD! The main vocalist/guitarist is named James and he's the most loved by fans and the bassist is Nathan. Kevin plays the drums and David is the back up guitarist. All 4 of them are known for their looks and their talent. I heard they already got a record deal and they're about to start their very first album."
I was shocked with all the information she had about the band and how much she admired them.
"James is the serious charismatic type and Nathan is the funny appealing guy. Kevin is a total player and my absolute favorite is Nathan so don't think of stealing him!"
I smirked, "Maybe I will."
She gasped in shock, "You better not!"
I patted her shoulders, "I'm kidding. I'd never do that! Don't you trust me?"
She frowned, "SURE!"
"okay. I promise."
"Oh alright, but what do you think of the band?"
"THEY SUCK!
That would've been okay if the music hadn't stopped. Everyone around me stared at us in shock and anger.
"I can't believe you just said that!"
Right at that moment, I knew my future was going to be cloudy and dark. The fans around me looked furious and angry.
I'M DOOMED.....

end of chapter 1 >>>>>>> please continue to chapter 2

0 comments:

 

Music Virus Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template